As explained in the DFNIonline.com, the TFWA Asia Pacific last week broke new records in exhibition space and visitor numbers! This is great news for the Travel Retail – Duty Free industry.
“A total of 2,683 visitors from 1,022 companies attended the show and the exhibition consisted of international and local brands from 261 companies on 256 stands”
Also it is important to note, this year’s exhibition was in a new hall and implied a lot of changes for all the brands.
Read the full article here: TFWA Asia Pacific Conference and Exhibition breaks records
Very interesting article in Le Figaro this morning (in French…) about the new trends in recruiting. (here: www.lefigaro.fr/vie-bureau/2014/05/19/09008-20140519ARTFIG00214-comment-nous-sommes-recrutes-par-des-robots.php)
Should we be happy about it? Or afraid?
Apparently Google receives 75,000 new resumes each week. At ACCUR we are not at that level (yet), but still, the amount of resumes we receive, makes it virtually impossible for us to read them all and certainly not each resume in full.
New technologies and internet in particular have made it possible for candidates to mass email their applications everywhere. Recruiters have then become overwhelmed with the number of applicants and had no other choices to organize themselves using ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems). Those ATS are more or less sophisticated, but all aim to prioritize or select the best resumes for the recruiters to read. The others will either be ignored or read at the end if the person still has time.
It might be sad, but unfortunately it is a side effect of technologies that recruiters have had to cope with.
A few more details on how to prepare your resumes for ATS have been laid out in 2 of our previous articles: Resume Search Engine Optimization and Boring Resumes Are The Best. Check it out!
Altagama’s members agreed that one of the biggest limitation to their growth in the region is the lack of executives with luxury skills. Therefore we launched recently a special project: Latin America Luxury Retail Management Program a 2 week program to be delivered in Miami, Florida in partnership with FIU’s College of Business. I thought somebody you know might be interested in this project.
Participating brands (Cartier, Dolce Gabbana, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Swarovski, Tiffany, among others) will participate to the program and will offer internship opportunities to students.
Dates & Location
- Week 1: July 28 – August 1, 2014 + Week 2: August 25 – August 29, 2014
- FIU Brickell Campus, Miami, FL, USA
Cost & Number of Participants
- US$ 7,000, which includes academic materials, morning and afternoon breaks, lunches, graduation ceremony, and select evening social activities. Airfare, airport transfers, and accommodations are not included in the costs of the program.
- 20 to 50 participants
Who Should Attend
- High caliber store manager with at least 2 to 5 years of management experience
- District, Brand, Merchandising, Marketing, Retail, Sales Managers or Directors working in the Luxury industry
- Prospective leaders with high potentials with possibility to grow into a leadership role
- Business owners, Managing Directors of premium and local brands, who are keen to elevate their brand level
- Middle to Senior Level Managers in private and public corporations who have an interest in the luxury industry
- Students should have a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (with at least 2 to 5 years of experience in a management position) and preferably be bilingual, with English fluency (Program is taught in English)
Please visit the Program’s online and registration page: http://business.fiu.edu/epe/latin-america-luxury-retail-mgmt/index.html
The registration deadline is June 16th.
Interesting report from the fDi Magazine (division of the Financial Times) about the best American Cities (North and Latin America). Some key facts: New York still holds the leading position, Miami is in the Top10 and in Latin America Santiago #1, Lima #2, Sao Paulo #10…
The original article is here (you need a free login):